My Top 5 News Sources

 My Top News Sources 

By: Wesley Carlton Jr

New York Post: General news that is going around in the political sphere that also goes into culture. The New York Post has been around for many decades and to me personally do a decent job reporting on investigate journalism. They still have a newspaper that they deliver, but I use their online website when I check for News and Opinion, similar to most outlets.

New York Post

News Nation: Covers breaking news, Business but is based in Australia POV of American politics. This website has short and sweet writing on current events, most are about 2 paragraphs with only information. Which is nice for me because I have a lot of classwork to do outside of class as a senior. I noticed that a lot of journalists get money for each word they type, so they add filler words to lengthen their articles or have dramatic filler.    

 News Nation

The Wall Street Journal, Another online News network that has a popular Opinion writer section on their thoughts on news, analysis, and politics. The one thing I love that the WSJ has is a comment section, I feel that a lot of news publication's remove their comment sections, which is a shame because I liked reading people's thoughts on the article. Most of the time it's criticism or pushback against the article.

The Wall Street Journal

Reuters: Polling info during election seasons and races, along with News and Opinion's. For my use case for Reuters is its polls of voters that is a part of an aggregator of likely voters. Usually they do an alright, RealClearPolitics can be used as well.  

Reuters

The Post Millennial: News and current events that leans to the right to get a look what's going on the right side. A bit of an interesting choice for being my one of my top 5 news sources, a newbie compared to the other New's sources. They write stories on things that other sources don't do with a right leaning angle, especially for what's going on what teachers are teaching kids. For me, it's a lean's righter than I am personally, but it gives me a different perspective.

 The Post Millennial

Bonus: All Sides News and YouTube

I try to get a balanced news diet, I causally check the news depending on if I have time to. But there can be so much information/perspectives that it can be overwhelming. I was not sure if Video game news PC hardware news, reviews on tech products and benchmarks on CPU's and GPU's.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 7, Pt. 1: EOTO, Presentations Reaction on Net Neutrality

Blog #2 Privacy, Online & Off

WEEK 7, Pt. 2: Final Post Launch